CAV Angels is an online angel network for UVA alumni and affiliates. We accept qualified applications through the Gust online angel investing system.
CAV Angels will consider applications from high potential startups that meet the following conditions:
1. We screen all submissions for funding through the Gust system, a leading online angel investor platform.
Before you can apply for funding through CAV Angels, you must set up a company profile on Gust:
2. Once your company profile is set up, click below to apply for funding to CAV Angels.
CAV Angels will generally follow the process as outlined below. Although our process is online, our staff and partners will be available for personalized guidance in every phase. Also, please keep in mind that the speed of due diligence is difficult to estimate, and will generally involve inquiries to third parties and other processes beyond our control.
After basic company information is uploaded to Gust, CAV Angels will make an initial review on whether the company meets the basic funding qualifications.*
• Online video presentation by company
• “Deep Dive” due diligence collection and research
• Review and vote by Due Diligence/Investment committees*
• Phone interview with startup CEO/Management
• Online presentations and live/interactive Q&A with startup company leaders
• Membership vote to continue due diligence, decline or invest; a minimum vote/investment threshold must be met to continue to funding phase*
• Final negotiations on term sheet and deal documents
• Funding raise from membership
*Please note that within each phase, the committee may vote to continue gathering more information, progress to next round, or to table/decline the application. Applicants that are declined may request a debrief and reapply if applicable.